Graduate Program

The Department offers doctoral, master of public health and master of science degrees. It also offers joint MS and MPH degrees with the Daniel J. Evans School of Public Policy and Governance Master of Public Administration or a joint MPH with the College of Built Environments' Department of Urban Design and Planning Master of Urban Planning


Students can receive a PhD in Environmental and Occupational Hygiene or Environmental Toxicology.

Master of Public Health

Students can receive an MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health or Occupational and Environmental Medicine.

Master of Science

Students can receive an MS in Environmental Health, Occupational and Environmental Exposure Science, Environmental Toxicology, or Applied Toxicology.

To earn a degree from our department, students must demonstrate the required skills and knowledge detailed on the SPH Degree Competencies page.

Academic Degree Options