job #11,791: Industrial Hygienist/Safety Manager - Cardinal TG
- Provide the guidance, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of the Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection programs that assure the safety of Cardinal TG employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Assure compliance with applicable Federal, State and local health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, and standards.
- Provide leadership to the Emergency Response Team and direct the activities of all plant employees, consistent with Emergency Response Procedures.
- Responsible for the safety training and documentation of all newly hired employees.
- Responsible for new employee job training for all newly hired employees as well as developing experienced workers in current and continual process improvements. Training will include new employee training, hands on training, annual training, cross training, modifications to existing work instructions, and safety standards.
- Responsible for documentation review of all training materials and documentation of training.
- Practice continuous improvement
- Understand and comply with internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Survey to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Develop controls for identified hazards. Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazardous analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assist in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Review injury and property damage reports and conduct accident and incident investigations and take appropriate action to prevent re-occurrence.
- Attend plant safety committee meetings and act as a consultant and technical advisor.
- Keep updated training records of all employees and coordinate and schedule annual training.
- Must be able to travel periodically for training.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Take responsibility for housekeeping of immediate work areas to assist in maintaining a safe work environment, follow all safe work practices, and use all applicable PPE, if required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or related field or equivalent experience in safety.
How to Apply:
View Job Description at: http://sph.washington.edu/files/jobs/Safety-Manager.doc
Send a resume to Tracy Stowell, HR Manager, at email@example.com.