job #11,731: Occ Health & Safety Specialist - Boeing
The Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) department is seeking a specialist to join their team. In this role, the ideal candidate:
• Develops, implements and monitors occupational health and safety programs and processes.
• Develops and provides training and instructions.
• Evaluates the impact of emerging issues, regulations and legislation to company operations.
• Develops corrective action plan to respond to internal/external audits and inspections.
• Plans and conducts health and safety audits.
• Establishes process requirements and provides documentation to provide consistent approaches to risk reduction.
• Shares information and develops consistent investigative approaches with established or ad hoc teams to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Plans and conducts health and safety audits and prepares formal assessment reports to characterize compliance and risk.
• Finalizes written procedures/process for compliance.
• Analyzes data, identifies trends and provides recommendations to improve workplace processes and ensure efficient utilization of resources.
• Performs hazard evaluations of proposed or existing facilities, equipment, processes and material use to ensure safety.
• Analyzes and interprets survey findings, defines control measures and tracks corrective action plans to reduce or eliminate risk.
• Reviews proposed regulations to determine process and cost impacts.
• Develops license applications for federal and state licensing.
• Works with internal stakeholders to provide information in support of legal actions.
• Responds to legal requests for information.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
A technical bachelor’s degree is required, and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience; or a Master’s degree with typically 3 or more years’ of experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
The following is required:
• Experience conducting audits.
• Experience in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS).
• Experience implementing environmental and occupational health regulations in an industrial setting.