- Dannenberg AL, Frumkin H, Jackson RJ./Making Healthy Places: Designing
and Building for Health, Well-being, and Sustainability./Washington DC:
Island Press, 2011
- Freeland AL, Banerjee SN, Dannenberg AL, Wendel AM.Walking associated with public transit: moving toward increased physical activity in the United States. American Journal of Public Health.In press, 2013.
- Dannenberg AL, Wu P, Frumkin H. The role of physicians in promoting healthier built environments. Submitted to American Journal of Preventive Medicine/. /2012.
- Ross CL, Leone de Nie K, Dannenberg AL, Beck LF, Marcus MJ, Barringer J.Health impact assessment of the Atlanta BeltLine. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 42:203-213, 2012
- Hebert KA, Wendel AM, Kennedy SK, Dannenberg AL.Health impact assessment: a comparison of 45 local, national, and international guidelines.Environmental Impact Assessment Review.34:74-82, 2012.
- Pucher J, Buehler R, Bassett DR, Dannenberg AL.Walking and cycling to health: a comparative analysis of city, state, and international data. American Journal of Public Health.100:1986-1992, 2010.
- Botchwey ND, Hobson SE, Dannenberg AL, Mumford KG, Contant CK, McMillan TE, Jackson RJ, Lopez R, Winkle C. A model built environment and public health course curriculum: training for an interdisciplinary workforce. American Journal of Preventive Medicine.36(2 Suppl):S63-S71, 2009.
- Dannenberg AL, Bhatia R, Cole BL, Heaton SK, Feldman JD, Rutt CD. Use of health impact assessment in the U.S.: 27 case studies, 1999-2007. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 34(3):241-56, 2008.
- Watson M, Dannenberg AL.Investment in Safe Routes to School projects: public health benefits for the larger community.Preventing Chronic Disease. 2008; 5(3). Online journal.
- Wendel AM, Dannenberg AL, Frumkin H.Designing and building healthy places for children.International Journal of Environment and Health.2:338-355, 2008.
- Younger M, Morrow-Almeida HR, Vindigni SM, Dannenberg AL.The built environment, climate change, and health: opportunities for co-benefits. American Journal of Preventive Medicine.35(5):517-526, 2008.
- Dannenberg AL, Bhatia R, Cole BL, Dora C, Fielding JE, Kraft K, McClymont-Peace D, Mindell J, Onyekere C, Roberts JA, Ross CL, Rutt CD, Scott-Samuel A, Tilson HH.Growing the field of Health Impact Assessment in the United States: an agenda for research and practice. American Journal of Public Health. 96(2):262-270, 2006.
- Besser M, Dannenberg AL.Walking to public transit: steps to help meet physical activity recommendations.American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 29(4):273-280, 2005.
- Dannenberg AL, Cramer TW, Gibson CJ.Assessing the walkability of the workplace: a new audit tool. American Journal of Health Promotion. 20(1):39-44, 2005.
- Dannenberg AL, Jackson RJ, Frumkin H, Schieber RA, Pratt M, Kochtitzky C, Tilson HH.The impact of community design and land-use choices on public health: a scientific research agenda. American Journal of Public Health. 93:1500-1508, 2003.
- Carter SP, Carter SL, Dannenberg AL. Zoning out crime and improving community health in Sarasota, Florida: “Crime Prevention through Environmental Design”. American Journal of Public Health. 93:1442-1445, 2003.
- Dannenberg AL, Quinlisk MP, Alkon E, Bera N, Cieslak PR, Davis JP, Kaye K,Paul SM, Rubin JD, Sewell CM, Touma O.U.S. Medical students’ rotations in epidemiology and public health at state and local health departments. Academic Medicine. 77:799-809, 2002.
- Thacker SB, Dannenberg AL, Hamilton DH.Epidemic Intelligence Service of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: 50 years of training and service in applied epidemiology. American Journal of Epidemiology. 154:985-992, 2001.