What Is the Public Health Café?
Public Health Café is a series of informal, interactive conversations intended to raise awareness about the fascinating and often overlooked science of public health. Join us for a snack and to hear an expert discuss an emerging issue in public health. Then enjoy a lively, guided discussion or activity with the people at your table. Come alone or bring a group. No expertise, preparation, or science background is needed, just a desire to listen, learn, and discuss the topic served up for your intellectual enjoyment. Our goal is that you leave more curious about the topic and fired up about the work that public health has done, is doing, and will do in the future.
Join the Conversation
Please contact Marilyn Hair (firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-685-8244) if you would like to learn more about the Public Health Café or would like to be added to our email list.
Past Public Health Café Sessions with Fact Sheets Linked:
- Monday, October 12, 2015 - Best Starts for Kids Campaign
- Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - Childhood Asthma: Is it linked to the Environment?
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015 - Cleaning Up the Duwamish River: What's Next?
- Tuesday, October 7, 2014 - The Quantified Self: Sharing Data for Environmental Health Research
- Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - Nanotoxicology
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014 -The Human Microbiome
- Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - Genetically Modified Organisms
- Thursday, April 18, 2013 - Seattle Waterways & Your Health: The Duwamish River Cleanup
- Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - Pesticides & Food: What Are the Health Risks? Fact Sheet in Spanish
- Tuesday, October 9, 2012 - Seafood: It's Healthy, But Is It Safe to Eat? Fact Sheet in Spanish
- Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - Health Effects of Air Pollution
- Monday, February 13, 2012 - Building Better Biobanks
- Thursday, November 6, 2011 - Ethics & Epigenetics