(WA MAAF, NIOSH 2005-2008) This curriculum was developed to teach students in grades 9-12 introductory information about workplace health and safety in an agricultural work environment. The flexible five-unit curriculum addresses the unique job hazards found in an agriculture work setting. The curriculum is composed of interactive age appropriate lessons that help engage students in learning about topics such as:
- Identifying hazards in an agricultural work setting
- Child labor regulations that govern agricultural employment
- Developing solutions to reduce and eliminate hazards
- Communicating with your supervisor to solve health and safety issues
- Dealing with sexual harassment in the workplace.
For a copy, visit WORKSAFE.