The Center for Exposures, Diseases, Genomics, and Environment (EDGE) Pilot Research Project Program provides initial support for investigators to establish novel lines of research relevant to the missions of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences & the EDGE Center. The program promotes exploration of possible innovative directions representing a significant departure from ongoing funded research for investigators in environmental health sciences. Investigators from other areas of focus are also encouraged to apply their expertise to environmental health research. Read more about the innovative projects funded in 2023.
Year 29 RFA (2024-2025) is available now.
Successful applicants receive up to $40,000 for one-year projects.
Pilot Projects Timeline:
- Wednesday, October 11, 2023 - Pre-applications are due.
- Monday, October 23rd, 2023 - Competitive applicants are invited to submit full proposals
- Friday, December 8th, 2023 - Full invited proposals due, submission link will be emailed to you
- Thursday, February 8th, 2024 - Awards announced
- Friday, March 1st, 2024 - Funding period begins*
- Friday, February 28th, 2025 - Funding period ends
*Contingent receipt of non-competing grant start date and approval from sponsor on any restrictions.