Zoonotic disease evaluations
Conducted at the University of Washington Medical Center’s Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine Clinic.
For appointments, please call 206-598-4615.
The UW Zoonotic Disease clinic is a program of the UW Medical Center’s Infectious Disease and Tropical Medicine Clinic. At the clinic, patients receive specialized evaluations regarding exposure or infection with zoonotic diseases, including:
- Pet-related infections, such as Bartonella, roundworm, toxoplasmosis and Brucella canis.
- Infections related to contact with livestock, including Q fever, campylobacterosis and brucellosis.
- Infections related to other work with animals, including psittacosis/ornithosis and salmonellosis.
- Infections related to travel contact with animals.
- Vector-borne zoonotic infections, including Lyme disease and Bartonella infection.