Catherine Karr, Director
Nicole Errett, Co-Director
Karen Jansen, Manager
Contact Person: Karen Jansen
Clinical & Translational Services:
- Two-way facilitation of interaction between basic scientists and clinical/translational/population-based scientists, to enable innovative approaches that span disciplines.
- A dedicated core facility space for clinical testing, physiological testing, and collection and storage of human samples.
- Assistance with IRB issues, identification of staffing solutions for human subjects research, subject recruitment/screening and retention, laboratory assay coordination and organization and application of toxicokinetic approaches.
- Help developing repositories of samples from well-characterized populations with specific environmental exposures.
Disaster Response Research (DR2) Services:
- Provide consultations to EDGE investigators on DR2 study design
- Support the preparation and review of time-sensitive DR2 related grant proposals
- Work with EDGE Center investigators to develop DR2 protocols
- Work with the UW Human Subjects Division to obtain provisional approval of protocols and/or procedures for rapid review of such protocols
- Train EDGE Center and other investigators on rigorous, safe and ethical DR2 conduct
- Assist in coordination with state and local public health and emergency management officials and the broader UW disasters and hazards research community as appropriate