How and Why We Collect Data and Other Information
- User provided information: You may choose to provide data, some of which may be personal (name, phone number, email, etc.), when you provide feedback, ask for assistance, complete a survey, send us an email, etc.
- Automatically collected information. We collect the following types of information automatically:
- Information about your device. This includes the operating system and its capabilities to improve your user experience (for instance, setting a readable font size)
- Information about how you use the app. This helps us to understand and analyze how you use our app, diagnose problems, and design future enhancements to the app.
- Location information. We collect this information for scientific research purposes, and to make future improvements in the app. We may collect geographic location information via Global Positioning System (GPS) information, cell network data, and other location-based methods provided by your mobile device. We typically retrieve latitude and longitude coordinates, and a date and time stamp. Coordinate precision varies greatly. You can turn off our app location data collection through your device settings, or by uninstalling our app.
Data Collection and Storage Technology
- Local Storage. We use local storage on your device, to store user preferences and other settings, as well as information on how you use the app (for instance, your user language, frequently opened pesticide labels, and the types of searches you perform). You can delete the local storage for the app, or uninstall the app to remove the data collected by the app.
- Cloud Storage. We use cloud storage to collect anonymous data (does not directly identify you, and cannot be linked to you) and on app usage (searches performed, labels viewed, etc.). This data is used to improve the app, prioritize features for enhancement, and for scientific research.
How We Use and Share Your Data
We collect information from the app in a format that does not identify you or other users, and we use or share this information in a number of ways:
- Aggregated data used for internal purposes. We may analyze the data collected to create aggregate/statistical data which we may use to improve our app, prioritize features for enhancement, etc. This is not personal information, and cannot be used to identify you or other users.
- Aggregated data provided to our funders, industry partners and collaborators. We may analyze the data collected to create aggregate/statistical data which we may share with our funders, industry partners, and collaborators. This is not personal information, and cannot be used to identify you or other users.
- Aggregated data used in scientific research and published in reports and papers. We may analyze the data collected to create aggregate/statistical data which may be used in scientific research studies and reports and publications from those studies. This is not personal information, and cannot be used to identify you or other users.
Other Limitations on Privacy
- Legal requirements. We may disclose your anonymous data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Pesticide Labels, Now!™
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
- European GDPR. As a European citizen, under GDPR, you have certain individual rights. You can learn more about these guides in the GDPR Guide.
- Retention Period. We only collect anonymous data from the app which cannot be linked to you. We retain this data for a minimum of six years or longer as necessary for internal purposes and conduct of scientific research. We may retain the information indefinitely. If you have provided other information by other channels, such as customer support inquiries (email address, name, phone number, etc.) that information will be stored securely for one year or less, then expunged from our records.
- Data Rights. As we do not retain data from the app that can be linked to you, we have no way to identify which portion of our anonymized data came from you. Data related to your interaction with the app (such as language preference, font size, etc.) is used solely within the app and can be changed by you at any time. You can delete this data by uninstalling the app or deleting its stored data (as your device operating system allows). If you have provided other information by other channels, such as customer support inquiries, you may contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 330-0827 (in English), or (509) 728-2018 (en español) to have that information deleted from our records. If you feel our handling/processing of your data is non-compliant with applicable data protection laws, you may contact us at email@example.com, (800) 330-0827 (in English), or (509) 728-2018 (en español) or file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
- Children’s Privacy. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). As such, we do not collect personally identifiable information from any user including anyone under the age of 18.
How to Contact Us
If you have a question about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 330-0827 (in English), or (509) 728-1918 (en español).