Protecting Agricultural Pesticide Handlers
Guide and Hands-on Training Kit
The Practical Solutions for Pesticide Safety guide is a collection of 24 solutions and ideas identified on farms and developed in partnership with farmers, educators, and researchers in Washington State.
Practical Solutions for Pesticide Safety: Handheld Equipment
For this project we work with agricultural industry partners to discover and share practical pesticide safety measures for handheld application equipment. We are finding solutions in greenhouses, nurseries, and forest services industries. Online handheld solutions
The Hands-on Training Kit
Use these hands-on sessions developed for four of the practical solutions during short “shop” or “tailgate” safety sessions. Or integrate them into a more comprehensive training class. The hands-on examples will reinforce the two key safety messages associated with each solution or substitute your own messages.
The kit contains a supply list, training tips, a copy of the solution, and a poster of the solution with two key safety messages for each of the following:
- Thermo-wind meter for checking local weather conditions
- Spill containment trays and tubs
- Scrub brush for decontamination
- Ammunition box for storing emergency eyewash
It also includes resources for obtaining supplies and additional pesticide safety information.
Download the Guide
Download the Training Kit Manual and Supporting Posters
- Training Kit Manual (English)
Training Posters (42"x30")
- Thermo-wind meter for checking local weather conditions (English, or Spanish and English)
- Spill containment trays and tubs (English, or Spanish and English)
- Scrub brush for decontamination (English, or Spanish and English)
- Ammunition box for storing emergency eyewash (English, or Spanish and English)
We hope the kit will inspire you to incorporate solutions into your own training style, develop your own hands-on teaching tools, or discover new practical solutions.
We would greatly appreciate hearing about any solutions you develop and your experience with this guide and kit.
Contact PNASH with your comments, questions, and feedback!
By email: email@example.com
By phone: (800) 330-0827, Kit Galvin