Registration Now Open
Call for Abstracts
Program and Schedule
2019 Western Agriculture Safety and Health Conference - Cultivating Collaborations
August 7-9, 2019
University of Washington campus, Seattle, WA
This is a rare opportunity for those engaged in injury and illness prevention research in farming, fishing, and forestry. The western US shares a common history with these vital agricultural industries, landscapes, and communities. Likewise, we share common agricultural practices, workforces, and the means to improve conditions.
Cultivating Collaborations is co-sponsored by the five western NIOSH Agricultural Centers, the NIOSH Western States Division, and participation is invited from all partners in the implementation of science, service, and policy.
Cultivating Collaborations, reflects the conference goal to build collaborative relationships and foster the exchange of ideas. Attendees will include academic researchers, students, and extension educators, and a broad range of research partners from community organizations, producers, health care providers, and government agencies.
Our core program developed through our planning committee addresses forward thinking and innovative research, with thematic sessions on:
- Hired and contract workforces
- Prevention through design in new technologies
- Climate change and health impacts
- Surveillance research
- Animal agriculture and the One Health approach
- Best practices in engagement
- Forestry safety innovations and populations
- Commercial fishing and processing injury prevention
We invite you to participate in the conference through:
- Lightning talks and poster presentations. Submit your abstract by May 1, 2019.
- Built-in discussion time, including structured Roundtable Discussion Sessions (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest in hosting a table).
- Joining the companion meeting: Dairy Safety Consortium (8/6/2019).
WHAT TO DO IN SEATTLE
Early Bird registration until 6/30 | $375 | Click here
Late registration 6/30-8/9 |$425 | Click here
One day registration |$150 | Click here
Student registration |$200 | Click here for discounted student registration
Companion meeting registration: International Dairy Research Consortium (IDRC) Meeting, Tuesday, August 6th | Click here for registration page
University of Washington is nestled between the sea and mountains. Our conference offers the best of the city while not feeling far from our roots in farming, fishing, and forestry. August is Seattle's best month - consider extending your stay!
Please help spread the word - use this media tool kit for promoting the conference, visit media kit.
For questions, please email email@example.com or call (800) 330-0827.
Athena Ramos, PhD
Mental and Physical Health of Immigrant Workers in CAFOs and Field Ag
Eddie Kasner, PhD
New Pesticide Application Technologies
Kent E. Pinkerton, PhD
Climate Change and Amplified Worker Health Risk