Degree at a glance
Customize your education
Select your academic focus area
Areas of emphasis
Research and present a PhD dissertation
Areas of emphasis and required courses
A research-based doctoral degree program for students who want advanced training in the practice of environmental public health, environmental toxicology, exposure science/occupational hygiene, infectious diseases, One Health or our customizable individualized track.
Choose your area of emphasis
View degree requirements and competencies
Students work with DEOHS faculty and staff engaged in ongoing research and service activities. As a culminating experience, you will conceive, develop, conduct and document original research that advances knowledge in the field of environmental health sciences.
Examples of field training sites include the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Region 10, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Public Health—Seattle & King County, Veritox and local biotechnology companies.
Tuition & funding support
- Traineeships, fellowships, research and teaching assistantships and other funding opportunities can help students reduce costs of attendance.
- MS and PhD students from 16 Western states and territories pay in-state tuition.
DEOHS’s dedicated internship and career services manager provides DEOHS graduate students with:
- Personalized, one-on-one career advising for current students and recent graduates.
- Help with finding internships and jobs.
- Career development workshops.
- Networking opportunities.
- Employer information sessions with representatives from industry, consulting, government agencies and advocacy organizations.
- Access to a LinkedIn networking group, internal internship boards and public health job sites.