Degree at a glance
Customize your education
Select your academic focus area
Areas of emphasis
Supervised field study project
Areas of emphasis and required courses
An accelerated, 15-month, 52-credit program for students who plan to pursue practice-based careers in private industry or federal, state or local government agencies.
Choose your area of emphasis
View degree requirements and competencies:
As a culminating experience, you will conduct a supervised field study project at a training site during the summer quarter of your first year, identifying a current issue in environmental health sciences and collecting and analyzing information to produce practical solutions.
Examples of field training sites include the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Region 10, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Public Health—Seattle & King County, Veritox and local biotechnology companies.
Recent student projects
MS | Applied Occupational Hygiene (App OH)
2019 | Martin A. Cohen
Tuition & funding support
- Traineeships, fellowships, research and teaching assistantships and other funding opportunities can help students reduce costs of attendance.
- MS and PhD students from 16 Western states and territories pay in-state tuition.
DEOHS’s dedicated internship and career services manager provides DEOHS graduate students with:
- Personalized, one-on-one career advising for current students and recent graduates.
- Help with finding internships and jobs.
- Career development workshops.
- Networking opportunities.
- Employer information sessions with representatives from industry, consulting, government agencies and advocacy organizations.
- Access to a LinkedIn networking group, internal internship boards and public health job sites.