ENV H 580
PLEASE NOTE: All autumn quarter 2022 seminars will be presented as hybrid sessions with both an in-person meeting and a live-stream Zoom webinar. In-person sessions will be held in the Hans Rosling Center (map link), room 155. The Zoom registration link is the same for all of the sessions: https://washington.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YeTBcIVMQUOb6utkjeOm4Q.
All sessions take place on Thursdays, from 12:30 to 1:20 pm
The Environmental and Occupational Health Seminar (Env H 580) is a department-sponsored seminar series for students, staff and faculty; practicing professionals in the environmental and occupational health fields; and the public. This seminar highlights the rich diversity of our department and is an opportunity to hear from locally, nationally and internationally known scientists, practitioners and policymakers on issues of current scientific importance.
Recordings from Recent Webinars:
- Sept. 29, 2022: "Expanding Equitable Access to Safe Drinking Water Through Human-Centered Technology Design and Deployment" - Katya Cherukumilli, PhD
- Oct. 6, 2022: ""Equitable PPE Protection: Striving for Safety and Health Equity for All Workers" - Katherine N. Yoon, PhD
- Oct. 13, 2022: "Lessons and Results for Launching an Occupational Cohort: The Firefighter Cancer Assessment and Prevention Study (CAPS)" - Judith Graber, PhD
- Oct. 20, 2022: “Building Capacity to Respond to Extreme Heat in Environmental Justice Communities in Massachusetts through Multisector Collaboration” - Patricia Fabian, ScD
- Oct. 27, 2022: "Seeing the Smoke" - Tim Larson, PhD, MSChE
- Nov. 3, 2022: "Peter A. Breysse Memorial Lecture: "Healthy Buildings: The Nexus of Covid, Climate and Worker Health" - Joseph Allen DSc, MPH
- Nov. 10, 2022: "Fairtrade Certification as a Reverse Innovation for More Sustainable Agricultural Systems" - Alissa Bilfield, PhD, MS
- Nov. 17, 2022: "Understanding Antimicrobial Resistance Using One Health Approach in a Developing Country Setting" - Mohammad Islam, PhD