With more than 1,500 graduates over the past 75 years, the UW Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences (DEOHS) is proud of our alumni who serve as health and safety leaders in government, academia, nonprofits and the corporate sector.
Our alumni have access to career services through our dedicated career counselor.
Here are some of the ways we can help you take the next steps in your career
- We can provide feedback on your resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter.
- We can help with interview preparation, from strategy to sample questions.
- Keep an eye on the UW School of Public Health Jobs Board as you plan your next move.
- Attend an upcoming Environmental & Occupational Health Seminar, in person or virtually in the UW Hans Rosling Center for Population Health.
You can also connect with us to help support current DEOHS students
- Connect with DEOHS on Instagram and LinkedIn, and sign up for our monthly newsletter.
- Join our DEOHS Student and Alumni LinkedIn group.
- Share a job announcement with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our UW SPH Jobs Board is viewed more than 3,000 times each month by students and faculty.
- Host a DEOHS student intern. Here is more information for employers about our undergraduate and graduate internship programs.
- Connect with a current UW student for lunch as part of the UW Alumni Association's Huskies@Work program.
- Make a gift to support the department's innovative science and emerging student leaders.
Meet Dan Poux
My name is Dan Poux (he/him), and I am the Manager of Experiential Learning & Career Services for DEOHS. One of the most rewarding aspects of my work in career services is connecting with alumni who are at a crossroads in their careers. You can learn more about my work and my approach to engaging with students and alumni through my LinkedIn profile. I am excited to work with you to help take your career to the next level!