Degree at a glance
Customize your education
Select your academic focus area
Areas of emphasis
Research and present a master’s thesis
Areas of emphasis and required courses
A 21-month, research-based degree program for students who want specialized training in the practice of environmental public health, environmental toxicology, exposure science, infectious diseases, occupational hygiene, One Health or our customizable general track.
Choose your area of emphasis
View degree requirements and competencies:
As a culminating experience, you will present a research thesis after formulating a hypothesis and designing an experiment to test it, with the goal of advancing knowledge in environmental and occupational health.
Recent student projects
MS | Exposure Science (ES)
2019 | Christopher D. Simpson
Seth G. McGrew
MS | Environmental Health (EH)
2018 | Lianne Sheppard
MS | Environmental Toxicology (Tox)
2020 | Sverre Vedal
Tuition & funding support
- Traineeships, fellowships, research and teaching assistantships and other funding opportunities can help students reduce costs of attendance.
- MS and PhD students from 16 Western states and territories pay in-state tuition.
DEOHS’s dedicated internship and career services manager provides DEOHS graduate students with:
We offer our students 1:1 career counseling.
- Personalized, one-on-one career advising for current students and recent graduates.
- Help with finding internships and jobs.
- Career development workshops.
- Networking opportunities.
- Employer information sessions with representatives from industry, consulting, government agencies and advocacy organizations.
- Access to a LinkedIn networking group, internal internship boards and public health job sites.