Evan Gallagher, PhD, MEM
- Aquatic Toxicology, Drug Metabolism, Pesticides, Emerging Contaminants, Metals, olfactory injury, Superfund Sites, Toxicogenomics, zebrafish, transgenics, oxidative stress, mitochondrial injury, PBDEs
- KEYWORDS: Aquatic toxicology, Drug metabolism, species differences in susceptibility to toxicants, Pesticides, Superfund sites, Toxicogenomics, Toxicology, Genetic susceptibility to toxicantss, Superfund sites
In the News
1. Yeh, A and GALLAGHER, E.P. 2015. In vitro modulation of BDE 47 mitochondrial injury by salmon omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Toxicology in vitro. In press.
2. Hook, S., GALLAGHER, E. and G. Batley. 2014. The Role of Biomarkers in the Assessment of Aquatic Ecosystem Health. Integrated Environmental Assessment and Monitoring. 10(3):327-41.
3. Wang, L., Espinoza H., and E.GALLAGHER. 2013. Short-term environmental exposures to copper alters mediators of olfactory signal transduction in coho salmon. Chemosphere. 10:2639-2643. PMID: 24050714.
4. Wang, L., Bammler, T., Beyer, R. and E. GALLAGHER. 2013. Copper-induced deregulation of microRNA expression in the zebrafish olfactory system. Environmental Science and Technology. Jul 2;47(13):7466-74. PMID: 23745839
5. Williams, C., Espinoza, M. and E. GALLAGHER. 2013. Molecular biomarkers of cadmium olfactory injury in Coho salmon. Aquatic Toxicol. July 11, 2013, 295-302. PMID: 2385105
6. Wang, L. and E.P. GALLAGHER. 2013. Role of Nrf2 in cadmium-mediated oxidative injury to the zebrafish olfactory system. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 266(2):177-86.
7. Espinoza, H.M., Shireman, L.M, McClain, V., Atkins, W., and E.P. GALLAGHER. 2012. Cloning, expression and function of olfactory glutathione S-transferases from Coho salmon. Biochem. Pharmacol. 85(6): 839-48.
8. Wang, L., Harris, S., Espinoza, H.M., McClain, V., and E.P. GALLAGHER. 2012. Characterization of phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione metabolizing peroxidase (gpx4) isoforms in Coho salmon olfactory and liver tissues and their modulation by cadmium. Aquat. Toxicol. 114-115:134-41.
9. Espinoza, H.M., Williams, C.R., and E.P. GALLAGHER. 2012. Effect of cadmium on glutathione S-transferase and metallothionein gene expression in coho salmon tissues. Aquat. Toxicol. 110-111:37-44.
10. McClain, V., Stapleton, H.M, Tilton, F., and E.P. GALLAGHER. 2012. BDE 49 is a developmental toxicant in zebrafish. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. Part C. 155(2) 253-258.