Michael G. Yost, PhD, MS
- Optical remote sensing of chemicals in the environment, physical agents in the workplace: noise, vibration, non-ionizing radiation
- KEYWORDS: Agricultural safety and health, Ambient air pollutants, Children's health, Climate change, Diesel exhaust, Exposure assessment, Industrial hygiene, Nanotechnology, Noise, Non-ionizing radiation, Occupational exposure, Optical remote sensing, Passive/active air monitor development, Pesticides, Vibration exposure
In the News
Examination of the scientific principles and methods used to characterize human exposures to environmental disease agents, discuss sources and pathways of exposure, use of standard factors, analytical approaches for exposure data, exposure biomarkers, and the energetics of physical agents and injuries.
ENVH 590-B: Leadership and Management for Workplace Health
This course provides an opportunity to explore management and leadership skills as they relate to occupational health and safety.
ENVH 417: Nonionizing Radiation and Electrical Safety
Introduction to health hazards from UV, optical laser hazards, infrared radiation, radio-frequency radiation, heat stress, electrical shock, electric and magnetic fields. Application of current standards for these physical agents. Emphasis on occupational hazards with additional discussion of environmental exposures where appropriate.
ENVH 454: Industrial Hygiene Sampling Instruments
ENVH 457: Environmental and Occupational Noise
Survey of industrial and community noise problems, including sources, effects, measurement, control, and legislation
ENVH 580: Environmental Health Seminar
Presentation of current environmental and occupational health research and issues
ENVH 511: Environmental and Occupational Health
Effects of exposure to chemical, physical, and biological agents, embracing the community and workplace environments. Current issues, using specific cases from recent literature as basis for classroom discussion and written assignments
ENVH 555: Industrial Hygiene Laboratory
Utilizes typical instrumental techniques and analytical methods for the evaluation of potential occupational exposures.
ENVH 564: Health and Safety Problems in Industry
Develops skills in occupational health and safety hazard recognition in a variety of important northwest industries. Focuses on process understanding and hazard recognition skills during walk-through inspections of several local facilities, stressing a multidisciplinary approach.
ENVH 570: Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology
Research in occupational and environmental determinants of disease. Defining exposed populations, characterizing exposure levels, estimating disease risks relative to exposure. Cohort, case-control, cross-sectional designs for various health outcomes. Applications to exposure standard setting and risk assessment.
1. LIDAR measurements of pesticide spray drift
We are assessing the impact of spray drift from farms on nearby homes and agricultural communities. LIDAR is used to detect and map aerosols generated from pesticide spraying in orchards. We are combining this information with dispersion modeling and surface deposition samples in a geographic information system (GIS) to model potential exposures children and adults.
2. Ambient Air Monitoring with Open-Path FTIR
Our research applies Open-Path Fourier Transform Infra-Red (OP-FTIR) spectroscopy to map chemical emissions and human exposures in communities and workplaces. The ORS lab is participating in the CHC's exposure assessment group, where we are applying these techniques to measure air emissions from pesticide use . We're also investigating ways to measure particles and to find unique "fingerprints" to identify air pollution sources in urban air sheds.
DFU (Enertechnix, Inc), 7/15/08 – 7/14/10
“Omni-Directional, Wind and Water Tolerant Inlet for the Dry Filter Unit”
To develop and test several prototypes of the new high efficiency omni-directional aerosol sampling inlet. Professor Yost has made the facilities and instruments needed from the ORS Lab required for this project and provides assistance with wind tunnel testing, rain and spray tolerance testing and technical support in the area of aerosol dynamics and aerosol sampling.
EPA/NIEHS, 11/1/04 -10/31/08
“Childhood Health Center — Pesticide Pathways Project”
Evaluate mechanism and model pathways for children's exposures to pesticide spray drift using LIDAR optical remote sensing and biological sampling.
Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, 9/1/07 – 6/30/08
“Community Air Monitoring Support (CAMS) project”
This project provides ongoing services in support of the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency’s air monitoring program.
NIOSH Project Period, 2004-2007
“EMF, Shift work, and Breast Cancer in Textile Workers”
The major goal of this case/cohort project is to determine the relationship between textile work and cancer outcomes.
Department of Homeland Security Advanced Research Projects Agency (HS-ARPA), 4/ 1/2004 4/1/2007
“Micro-Machined Aerodynamic Lens Aerosol Concentrator for
SBIR/HSARPA (Enertechnix, Inc), 4/1/04 – 11/17/06
“Micro-Machined Aerodynamic Lens Aerosol Concentrator for Particulate Sampling”
This project involves the development of a laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) analyzer for measuring metals and organic material in particulate matter (PM) samples.
Fogerty International Center/NIH effort, 10/1/01-9/30/06
International Scholars in Occupational and Environmental Health
NIEHS, 4/1/00 – 3/31/05
“Optical Assessment of Dermal Exposure and Absorption”
The major goal of this project is to quantify pesticide residues on skin by FTIR spectroscopy.
NIOSH, 7/01/02 – 6/30/05
“Industrial Hygiene Academic Training Program under the Northwest Occupational Health and Safety Educational Resource Center”
Construction Workers NIOSH, 10/1/99 - 9/30/04
“Prospective Study of Hearing Damage Among Newly-Hired Construction Workers”
NIEHS, 6/1/01 - 5/30/04
“Human Responses to Residential Radio Frequency exposure”
The major goal of this project is the epidemiological biomarker study of RF electromagnetic field and light exposures in association with changes in melatonin levels and immune function markers
Ion Systems Inc., 3/1/01 – 9/28/03
“Investigation of Multiphoton Ionization in Gases”
NIOSH, 6/1/99 - 7/31/03
“RF Exposure and Melatonin Levels in Heat-Sealer Workers”
“Optical Assessment of Dermal Exposure and Absorption”
The major goal of this project is to quantify pesticide residues on skin by FTIR spectroscopy. Role: co-investigator
Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation (CRESP), 4/1/01-3/30/02
“Applications of OP-FTIR air monitoring system”
Yost Lab -- Current Research
1) Car painters study [NIOSH – Year 3/3]
- Assessing effectiveness of dermal protective clothing used by car painters
- Assist during permeation experiments to assess effectiveness of coveralls /Evaluate reuse of coveralls
- Field assistance and data analysis in exposure assessment of isocyanate and solvents
- Develop outreach materials for auto-body painters and managers
2) Center for Clean Air Research (CCAR) [US EPA Year 1/5]
- Analysis of near roadway air pollution in MESA cities
- Mobile measurements of vehicle emissions across the US
- Modeling of spatial variation in air pollution from roadways to subjects;
- GIS Analysis of ultrafine particles near roadways
3) Impacts of climate change in WA and Oregon [US CDC Year 3/3]
- Analysis of mortality and morbidity from heat events across WA and OR
- Evaluate data on hospital costs of care during heat events
- Work with a public health outreach program to inform local responses to climate change and heat events.
4) Effects of Air Pollution on Asthma outcomes in Yakima WA [NIEHS Year 2/3]
- Develop a field sampling kit to automatically collect air samples for dust, pollen, pesticides and volatiles
- Test the device and develop an instruction manual for use by community volunteers
- Train community volunteers to operate the sampling network, and perform QA/QC on the data
5) Childhood Health Center (CHC) [US EPA/ NIEHS Year 2/5]
- Assessment of pesticides in homes near applied fields
- Assist with field sampling collect air and surface samples for pesticides in homes
- Evaluate house dust pesticide levels from homes near applied fields.
6) NanoTox Center [NIEHS Year 2/5]
- Characterization of nano-particle aerosol exposures for animal experiments
- Assist with development of an aerosol delivery system for animal experiments;
- Collect air samples from exposure system for descriptive and quantitative analysis.
- Develop and test QC procedures for dosing experiments.
8) PNASH – Ag Center [NIOSH Year 1/5]
- Assessment of pesticides in dairy farms and animal workers
- Assist with field sampling collect air and surface samples for pesticides
- Evaluate effectiveness of IPM measures to control pests.
9) Color Scale for skin SWYPEs [Unfunded]
- Develop a semi-quantitative / RGB color scale for assessing isocyanate skin exposure found in auto painters and validate with standard analytical chemical skin wipe analysis. http://www.clilabs.com/skinswype1.htm
10) Grab a glove that's good for your health [Unfunded - NIOSH ?]
- Help create "best glove practices" educational materials.* Develop educational materials for autobody painters and managers conveying health messages about in the risks of isocyanates.
10) Measurement of metals in particles/hair/tissue by XRF [Unfunded – EPA?]
- Develop method to measure metals and other elements in microscopic samples by XRF using synchrotron radiation (collaboration with Simpson Lab).
Research papers in refereed journals:
Notes for published papers: * indicates graduate thesis advisor; ** indicates graduate committee member; *** indicates Post Doctoral fellowship advisor; † indicates advisor to graduate student at outside institution.
- Krueger AP, Strubbe AE, Yost MG, Reed EJ. Electric fields, small air ions, and biological effects. International Journal of Biometeorology 1978; 22(3):202-12.
- Kellogg EW, Yost MG, Barthakur N, Krueger AP. Superoxide involvement in the bactericidal effects of negative ions on Staphylococcus albus. Nature 1979; 281(5730):400-1,4.
- Diamond MC, Connor JR, Orenberg EK, Bissell M, Yost MG, Krueger AP. Environmental influences on serotonin and cyclic nucleotides in rat cerebral cortex.Science 1980;210(7):652-4.
- Kellogg EW, Yost MG, Krueger AP. Superoxide involvement in negative ion effects. Nature 1980; 288(5792):739-40.
- Kellogg EW, Yost MG, Reed EJ, Krueger AP. Long-term biological effects of air ions and D.C. electric fields on NAMRU mice: first year report. International Journal of Biometeorology 1985; 29(3):253-68.
- Kellogg EW, Yost MG, Reed EJ, Madin SH. Long-term biological effects of air ions and DC electric fields on NAMRU mice: second year report. International Journal of Biometeorology 1985; 29(3):269-83.
- Kellogg EW, Yost MG. The effects of long term air ion and DC electric field exposures on survival characteristics in female NAMRU mice. Journal of Gerontology 1986; 41(2):147-53.
- Yost MG, Steinman AJ. Electrostatic attraction and particle control. Micro-contamination, 4(6): 18-26, June 1986
- Yost MG, Kellogg EW. Design and construction of cage environments for air ion and electric field research. International Journal of Biometeorology 1987; 31(2):109-25(*).
- Koshland CP, Yost MG. Use of a spreadsheet in the design of an industrial ventilation system. Applied Industrial Hygiene 1987 Sept.
- Yost MG, Steinman AJ, Lieberman A. Developing a new apparatus for measuring particle emissions from air ionizers. Micro-contamination, Sept 1989; 7(9):33-8.
- Yost MG, Steinman AJ, Lieberman A. Apparatus for measuring ultrafine particle emissions from air ionization equipment. Particles in Fluids: Measurement, Characterization, Detection and Control, Volume 2, K.A. Mittal, Ed. 1990.
- Yost MG, Liburdy RP. Time-varying and static magnetic fields act in combination to alter calcium signal transduction in the lymphocyte. FEBS Letters 1992 Jan; 296(2):117-22.
- Yost MG, Spear RC, Xiao HK, Levine SP. Comparative testing of a FTIR remote optical sensor with area samplers in a controlled ventilation chamber. American Industrial Hygiene Assoc. Journal 1992; 53(10):611-6.
- Yost MG, Spear RC. Measuring air flow patterns using a sonic vector anemometer. American Industrial Hygiene Assoc. Journal 1992; 53(11):677-80.
- Yost MG, Lee GM, Duane D, Fisch J. California protocol for measuring 60 Hz magnetic fields in residences. Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene 1992; 7(11):772-7.
- Yost MG. Occupational health effects of Nonionizing radiation. State Art Reviews in Occupational Medicine: Unusual Occupational Diseases, P. Blank, D. Schusterman ed., 7(3): July-Sept. Hanley and Belfus, Philadelphia, 1992
- Wrensch M, Bondy M, Wiencke J, Yost MG. Environmental risk factors for primary malignant brain tumors: a review. J of Neuro-Oncology 1993; 17:47-64.
- Simonds Malachowski M, Levine SP, Herrin G, Spear RC, Yost MG, Yi Z†. Workplace and environmental air contaminant exposures measured by OP-FTIR: a statistical process control technique to detect changes from normal operating conditions. J. Air & Waste Management Assoc. 1994; 44:673-82.
- Yost MG, Gadgil AJ, Drescher AC†, Zhou Y, Simonds MA, Levine SP, Nazaroff WW, Saisan PA. Imaging indoor tracer-gas concentrations with computed tomography: experimental results with a remote-sensing FTIR system. American Industrial Hygiene Assoc. Journal 1994; 55:395-402.
- Wilson BW, Lee GM, Yost MG, Davis KC, Heimbigner T, Buschbom RL. Magnetic field characteristics and exposure assessment of electric bed-heating devices. Bioelectromagnetics 1996; 17:174-9.
- Drescher AC†, Park DY**, Yost MG, Gadgil AJ, Levine SP, Nazaroff WW. Stationary and time-dependent tracer gas concentration profiles using open path FTIR remote sensing and SBFM computed tomography. Atmospheric Environment 1997; 31(5): 727-740.
- Park DY**†, Yost MG, Drescher AC, Levine SP. Evaluation of virtual source beam configurations for rapid tomographic reconstruction of gas and vapor concentrations in workplaces. Air & Waste Management Assoc. J. 1997; 47(5): 582-591.
- Burch JB, Reif JS, Yost MG, Keefe TJ, Pitrat CA. Nocturnal Excretion of a Melatonin Metabolite in Electric Utility Workers. Scan. J.Work Env. Health, 24: 183-9, 1998.
- Seixas NS, Sanders J**,Sheppard L, Yost MG. Exposure Assessment for Acute Injuries on Construction Sites: Conceptual Development and Pilot Test. Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 13(5) 304-312, 1998.
- Hashmonay RA***, Yost MG, Wu CF.* Computed Tomography of Air Pollutants Using Radial Scanning Path-Integrated Optical Remote Sensing. Atmospheric Environment, 33(2), 267-274, 1999.
- Yost MG, Zhou Yi**†, Spear RC, Park DY**†, Hashmonay RA***, Levine SP. Estimating maximum concentrations for open path monitoring along a fixed beampath. Air & Waste Management Assoc. Journal, 1999, 49, 174-185.
- Hashmonay RA***, Yost MG, Mamane Y, Benayahu Y. Emission Rate Apportionment from Fugitive Sources Using Open-Path FTIR and Mathematical Inversion. Atmospheric Environment, 1999, 33(3) 735-743.
- Hashmonay RA***, and Yost MG. Novel Application of OP-FTIR Spectroscopy to Measure Aerosols: Observations of Water Droplets, Environmental Science & Technology, 1999, 33(7): 1141-1144.
- Graves AB, Rosner D, Echeverria D, Yost MG, Larson EB. Occupational Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields and Alzheimer Disease. Alzheimer Disease and associated Disorders, 1999, 13(3): 165-170.
- HashmonayRA***, and Yost MG. Innovative Approach for Estimating Gaseous Fugitive Fluxes Using Computed Tomography and Remote Optical Sensing Techniques, Air & Waste Management Assoc. J., 1999, 49(8): 966-972.
- Burch JB, Reif JS, Yost MG, Keefe TJ, Pitrat CA. Reduced excretion of a melatonin metabolite in workers exposed to 60 Hz magnetic fields. Am J Epidemiol., 1999 Jul 1; 150(1):27-36.
- Newman L, Wang X, Cortellucci R, Crampton R*, Strand S, David Domroes D, James Duffy J, Gordon Ekuan G, George Karscig G, Indulis A. Muiznieks I, Tim Newman T, Ram A. Hashmonay R***, Martin Ruszaj M, Paul Heilman P, Yost MG, and Gordon M. Remediation of Trichloroethylene in an Artificial Aquifer with Trees: A Controlled Field Study, Environmental Science & Technology 1999, 33: 2257-2265.
- Yost MG. Alternative Magnetic Field Exposure Metrics: Occupational Measurements. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 85(1-2): 99-106, 1999.
- Hashmonay RA***, and Yost MG. Localizing Gaseous Fugitive Emission Sources by Combining Real Time Optical Remote Sensing and Wind Data. Air & Waste Management Assoc. Journal, 49: 174-185, 1999.
- Birch JB, Reif JS, Yost MG. Geomagnetic disturbances are associated with reduced nocturnal excretion of a melatonin metabolite in humans. Neurosci Lett. 1999 May 14;266(3):209-12.
- Wu CF*, Yost MG, Hashmonay RA***, Park DY**†, Experimental Evaluation of a Radial Beam Geometry for Mapping Air Pollutants Using Optical Remote Sensing and Computed Tomography”, Atmospheric Environment 1999, 33:4709-4716.
- Wrensch M, Yost MG, Miike R, Lee G, Touchstone, J*. Adult glioma in relation to residential power frequency electromagnetic field exposures in the San Francisco Bay area. Epidemiology. 1999 Sep;10(5):523-7.
- Wei M, Guizzetti M, Yost M, Costa LG. Exposure to 60Hz Magnetic Fields and Proliferation of Human Astrocytoma Cells in Vitro, Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, 2000, 162: 166-176.
- Burch JB, Reif JS, Noonan C, Yost MG. Melatonin Metabolite Levels in Workers Exposed to 60 Hz Magnetic Fields: Work in Substation and with 3-Phase Conductors. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 2000, 42(2):136-142. Winner of the Adolph Kramer Merit in Authorship Award for 2001, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Park DY**†, Fessler JA, Yost, MG, and Levine SP. Tomographic reconstruction of tracer gas concentration profiles in a room with the use of a single OP-FTIR and two iterative algorithims: ART and PWLS. Air & Waste Management Assoc. J. Mar 2000, 50 (3): 357-370.
- Lee G, Neutra R, Hristova L, Yost MG, Hiatt R. The Use of Electric Bed Heaters and the Risk of Clinically Recognized Spontaneous Abortions, Epidemiology, 2000, 11(4):406-141.
- Doran EM**, Yost MG, Fenske RA. Measuring Dermal Exposure to Pesticide Residues with Attenuated Total Reflectance Fourier Transform Infrared (ATR-FTIR) Spectroscopy. Bull Env. Contam.Toxicol. 2000, 64: 666-672.
- Carozza SE†, Wrensch M, Miike R, Newman B, Olshan AF, Savitz DA, Yost MG, Lee GM. Occupation and adult gliomas. American J. Epi. Nov 1 2000, 152 (9) : 838-846
- Hashmonay RA***, Natschke DF, Wagoner K, Harris BD, Thompson EL, Yost MG. Field Evaluation of a Method for Estimating Gaseous Fluxes from Area Sources Using Open Path FTIR. Environmental Science and Technology, 35 (11): 2309-2313, 2001.
- Tsai MY*, Yost MG, Wu CF*, Hashmonay RA***, Larson TV. Line Profile Reconstruction: Validation and Comparison of Reconstruction Methods. Atmospheric Env. 35:4791-9, 2001.
- Seixas MS, Ren** K, Neitzel** R, Camp J, Yost MG. Noise Exposures among Construction Electricians. Am. Ind. Hygiene. Assoc. J. 62:615-621 2001
- Yost, MG: Nonionizing Radiation in Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene, 5th Edition, National Safety Council, Chicago Edited by BA Plog and PJ Quinlan, 2002
- Lee GM, Neutra RR, Hristove L, Yost MG, Hiatt RA. A Nested Case-Control Study of Residential and Personal Magnetic Field Measures and Miscarriages. Epidemiology, 13(1): 21-31 2002.
- Noonan CW, Reif JS, Yost MG, Touchstone J*. Occupational Exposure to Magnetic Fields in Case-referent Studies of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Scan. J. Work Env. Health 28(1):42-48 2002.
- Noonan CW, Reif JS, Burch JB, Ichinose TY, Yost MG, Magnusson K. Relationship between amyloid-beta protein and melatonin metabolite in a study of electric utility workers. J Occup Environ Med. Aug; 44(8):769-75 2002.
- Neitzel R,** Yost MG. Task Based Assessment of Occupational Vibration and Noise Exposures in Forestry Workers. Am. Ind. Hygiene. Assoc. J., 63: 617-627, 2002.
- Burch JB, Reif JS, Noonan C, Ichinose TY, Koleber TI, Yost MG. Melatonin metabolite excretion among cellular telephone users. Int. J. of Radiation Biology, 78(11) 1029-1036, 2002.
- Elgethun K,** Fenske RA, Yost MG and GJ Palcisko. Time-location analysis for exposure assessment studies of children using a novel global positioning system instrument. Environmental Health Perspectives, 111(1), 2003.
- Yost MG, Rose MA*, Morgan MS. Evaluation of Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy for Detecting Organic Solvents in Expired Breath. Applied Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, 18(3), 160-169, 2003.
- Wu CF*, Yost MG and Hashmonay RA.*** Line Concentration Profile Reconstruction of ORS Measurements Using Polynomial Curve Fitting Procedures. Atmospheric Environment. V 37(14):1879 – 1888, 2003.
- Wu CF, * Yost MG, Varr J,* and Hashmonay RA***. Applying Open-Path FTIR with a Bi-beam Strategy to Evaluate Personal Exposure in Indoor Environments: Experimental Results of a Validation Study. Am Ind. Hygiene Assoc. J. 64(2): 181-188 Mar-Apr. 2003
- S. Carter, N.S. Seixas, M.L. Thompson, and M.G. Yost, Peak Exposures in Aluminium potrooms: instrument development and field calibration. J. Environ. Monitoring, 6, 932-937, 2004
- TY Ichinose, JB Burch, CW Noonan, MG Yost, TJ Keefe, A Bachand, R Mandevill, JS Reif. Immune markers and ornithine decarboxylase activity among electric utility workers. J Occup Environ Med. 2004; 46(2): 104-12.
- G.A. Croteau, D.B. Martin, J.M. Camp M.G.Yost, C. Conrad, P.L. Zeitlin, A.E. Heald Evaluation of exposure and health care worker response to nebulized administration of tgAAVCF to patients with cystic fibrosis. Ann Occup Hyg. 2004; 48(8):673-81.
- J. Ramaprasad, Ming-Yi Tsai*, K. Elgethun*, V. R. Hebert, A. Felsot, M. G. Yost, R. A. Fenske, The Washington aerial spray drift study: Assessment of off-target organophosphorus insecticide atmospheric movement by plant surface volatilization. Atmospheric Environment, Volume 38(33), 5703-5713, 2004
- A. Carden, M.G. Yost, R.A. Fenske, Noninvasive Method for the Assessment of Dermal Uptake of Pesticides Using Attenuated Total Reflectance Infrared Spectroscopy. Applied Spectroscopy, 59(3), 293-299, 2005.
- C-F Wu*, M. G. Yost, R.A. Hashmonay, and T.V. Larson, Applying Open-Path FTIR with Computed Tomography to Evaluate Personal Exposures. Part 2: Experimental Studies Ann. Hyg., 49: 73 – 83; Jan 2005.
- C-F Wu*, M. G. Yost, R.A. Hashmonay, and T.V. Larson and S.E. Guffey, Applying Open-Path FTIR with Computed Tomography to Evaluate Personal Exposures. Part 1: Simulation Studies Ann. Hyg., 49: 61 – 71; Jan 2005.
- J. Mwaiselage, M. Braveit, B. Moen, and M.G. Yost, Variability in Dust Exposure in a Cement Factory in Tanzania. Ann. Hyg., 49: 511 – 519; Aug 2005.
- Burch JB, Yost MG, Johnson W, Allen E. Melatonin, Sleep, and Shift Work Adaptation. J. Occup. and Environ Med; 47(9):893-901, 2005.
- R.M. Park, P.A. Schulte , J.D. Bowman, J.T. Walker, S.C. Bondy, M.G. Yost, J.A. Touchstone,* Mustafa Dosemeci. Potential Occupational Risks for Neurodegenerative Diseases. Am. J. Ind. Medicine, Jul;48(1):63-77, 2005
- M-Y Tsai*, K. Elgethun*, J. Ramaprasad, M.G. Yost, A.S. Felsot, V.R. Hebert, R.A. Fenske, The Washington aerial spray drift study: Modeling pesticide spray drift deposition from an aerial application. Atmospheric Environment, 39:6194-6203, 2005.
- S. Weppner, K. Elgethun*, C. Lu, V. Hebert, M.G. Yost, R.A. Fenske. The Washington aerial spray drift study: Children's exposure to methamidophos in an agricultural community following fixed-wing aircraft applications. Journal of Exposure Analysis and Environmental Epidemiology, 16 (5): 387-396 SEP 2006.
- Burch JB, Clark M, Yost MG, Fitzpatrick CTE, Bachand AM, Ramaprasad J, and Reif JS. Radio Frequency Non-Ionizing Radiation in a Community Exposed to Radio and Television Broadcasting Environ Health Perspectives: 114(2):248-53 2006.
- Clark, ML, Burch, JB (Burch, J. B.); Yost, MG, Cragin, LA, Fitzpatrick, CTE, Bachand, AM, Ramaprasad J, Reif, JS, Residential radiofrequency exposure and estrogen production among pre-and postmenopausal women. Am J of Epi, 163 (11): S119-S119 Suppl. S Jun 1 2006
- K. Karipids, G Benke, M Sim, L Fritschi, MG Yost, B Armstrong, A M Hughes, A Grulich, C Vajdic, J Kaldor, A Kricker, Occupational exposure to power frequency magnetic fields and risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma using two job exposure matrices. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 64:25-29, 2007
- Elgethun* K, Yost MG, Fitzpatrick CTE, Nyerges TL, and RA Fenske. Comparison of GPS Tracking to the NHEXAS Diary Timeline for Time-Location Measurement of Children. Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, 17 (2): 196-206 Mar. 2007
- Karipidis KK, Benke G, Sim MR, Yost MG, Giles G, Occupational Exposure to Low Frequency Magnetic Fields and the Risk of Low Grade and High Grade Glioma. Cancer Causes and Control, 18 (3): 305-313 Apr. 2007
- Clark M, Burch JB, Yost MG, Zhai Y, Bachand A, Fitzpatrick CTE, Ramaprasad J, Cragin L, Reif JS. Biomonitoring of Estrogen and Melatonin Metabolites among Women Residing near Radio and Television Broadcasting Transmitters. Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine. 49(10):1149-56. 2007.
- Jamieson KS, ApSimon HM, Jamieson SS, Bell JNB, Yost MG. The effects of electric fields on charged molecules and particles in individual microenvironments Atm Environment 41 (25): 5224-5235 Sp., Aug 2007
- Bowman JD, Touchstone JA, Yost MG. A population-based job exposure matrix for power-frequency magnetic fields, J. Occ. and Env. Hygiene 4(9): 715-728 Sept. 2007
- Geomagnetic activity and human melatonin metabolite excretion. Burch JB, Reif JS, Yost MG. Neurosci Lett. 2008 Jun 13;438(1):76-9. E pub 2008 Apr 16.
- Ramaprasad J, Tsai MG, Fenske RA, Faustman EM, Griffith WC, Felsot AS, Elgethun K, Weppner S, Yost MG. Children's inhalation exposure to methamidophos from sprayed potato fields in Washington State: Exploring the use of probabilistic modeling of meteorological data in exposure assessment. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol 19(6): 613-623, 2009
- Cooper AR, Wijngaarden E. van, Fisher SG., Adams M.J, Yost MG, Bowman JD. A Population-Based Cohort Study of Occupational Exposure to Magnetic Fields and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality, Annals of Epidemiology 19: 42-48 2009
- Robert R. Miksch, Peter Gefter, Scott Gehlke, Helen A. Halpin, Scott Meschke, Brian Smith and Michael G Yost. Relationship between surface electrostatic potential and deposition of airborne bacteria., IEEE Trans. Industrial Applications. 45(3): 1068-1073, 2009
- Meschke S, Smith BD, Yost MG, Miksch RR, Gefter P, Gehlke S, Halpin HA. The effect of surface charge, negative and bipolar ionization on the deposition of airborne bacteria. J of Applied Micro. 106(4): 1133-1139, 2009
- Ceballos* DM, Yost MG, Whittaker SG, Camp J, Dills R. Objective Color Scale for the SWYPE Surface Sampling Technique Using Computerized Image Analysis Tools. J Occ. and Env. Hygiene 6(10): 604-611, 2009
- Blood RP, Ploger JD, Yost MG, Ching RP, Johnson PW. Whole body vibration exposures in metropolitan bus drivers: A comparison of three seats. J Sound and Vibration 329(1): 109-120, 2010
- Jackson, J.E., M.G. Yost, C. Karr, C. Fitzpatrick, B. Lamb, S.H. Chung, J. Chen, J. Avise, R.A. Rosenblatt, and R.A. Fenske. Public health impacts of climate change in Washington State: projected mortality risks due to heat events and air pollution. Climatic Change 102(1-2): 159-186, 2010.
- Ceballos* DM, Yost MG, Whittaker SG, Reeb-Whitaker C, Camp J, and Dills R. Development of a Permeation Panel to Test Dermal Protective Clothing Against Sprayed Coatings. Ann Occup. Hyg. pp 1-14, published online, Dec. 20, 2010
- Dhingra R, Christensen, ER, Liu, Y, Zhong, Bo, Wu Chang-Fu, Yost, MG, Remais JV. Greenhouse gas emission reductions from domestic anaerobic digesters linked with sustainable sanitation in rural China. Accepted for Publication, Environmental Sci. and Technology, 2011
- Ceballos* Diana M, Kenneth W. Fent, Stephen G. Whittaker, Linda G. Gaines, Jennifer Thomasen, Sheila L. Flack, Leena A. Nylander-French, Michael G. Yost, and Carolyn K. Reeb-Whitaker. Survey of Dermal Protection in Washington State Collision Repair Industry. Accepted for publication, J. Occ. Env. Hygiene, 2011
- Ceballos, Diana M.* Stephen G. Whittaker, Michael G. Yost, Russell L. Dills, Dhimiter Bello, Jennifer M. Thomasen, Leena A. Nylander-Frenche, Carolyn K. Reeb-Whitaker, Phillip M. Peters, Elisa C. Weiland, and Wallace W. Suydam. A Laboratory Comparison of Analytical Methods used for Isocyanates. Accepted for Publication, Journal of Environmental Monitoring, 2011
- Michael G Yost and James Burch. A recurring question: are there health effects of power frequency magnetic fields? Manuscript number PAM11-0458, Accepted for publication in Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, 2011
- Justin P. Miller-Schulze, Michael Paulsen, Takayuki Kameda, Akira Toriba, Ning Tang, Kenji Tamura, Lijun Dong, Xuemei Zhang, Kazuichi Hayakawa, Michael Yost, Christopher D. Simpson. Evaluation of Urinary Metabolites of 1-nitropyrene as Biomarkers of Exposure to Diesel Exhaust for Taxi Drivers in Shenyang, China. Accepted for publication, Journal of Exposure Analysis and Env.Epi., Manuscript ID: JESEE-11-1358.R1 March, 2012
- Ximena P. Vergara, MPH, Leeka Kheifets, PhD, Michael Silva, MS, PE, T. Dan Bracken, PhD, Michael Yost, PhD. New Electric-Shock Job Exposure Matrix. Am. J. Ind. Med, Accepted 30 September 2011, DOI10.1002/ajim.21027.
- Jackelin Q. Tran*, Diana M. Ceballos,* Russell L. Dills, Michael G. Yost, Michael S. Morgan. Effects of Glove Material on Permeation by a Solvent Mixture Commonly Used in Auto Painting, Submitted to Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 2011 *Accepted
- Wenjin Li, MD, PhD, Michael Yost, PhD, Norman Breslow, PhD, Roberta M. Ray, MS, Dao Li Gao, MD, E. Dawn Fitzgibbons, MPH, Janice E. Camp, MS, Karen J. Wernli, PhD, Eva Wong, PhD, David B. Thomas, MD, DrPH, Scott Davis, PhD, Harvey Checkoway, PhD. Occupational Exposure to Magnetic Fields In the Shanghai Textile Industry. Submitted to Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology
- Yost MG. Air ions as a mediator in animal behavior prior to earthquakes. Proceedings of Second Conference on Animal Behavior Prior to Earthquakes, Galveston, Texas, U.S. Geological Survey open file report #79, USGS, Denver Co., October 1979.
- Yost MG, Steinman AJ. Static electricity: an important factor in contamination control. Proceedings of the Electrical Overstress Exposition, p. 63-71 Jan. 1986.
- Yost MG, Lieberman A. Method for measuring particles from air ionization equipment, Institute of Environmental Sciences, 35th Annual Proceedings, p. 328-32, May 1989
- Lenoard AR, Neutra RR, Yost MG, Lee GM. Electric and magnetic fields: measurements and possible effects on human health from appliances, power lines, and other common sources. Health Physics Society News Oct 1991; XIX #10:13-17.
- Lenoard AR, Neutra RR, Yost MG, Lee GM. Suggested protocol for measuring 60 Hz magnetic fields in residences. Health Physics Society News 1991; XIX #10:35-7.
- Liburdy RP, Yost MG. Time-varying and static magnetic fields act in combination to alter calcium signal transduction in the lymphocyte. Proceedings of First World Congress for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine, Martin Blank, Ed. p 331-334, SanFrancisco Press, 1993.
- Yost MG, Wu JD**†, Lee G, Neutra RR, Hristova L. Investigation of the relationship between residential wire configurations and measured magnetic field parameters. Proceedings of First World Congress for Electricity and Magnetism in Biology and Medicine, Martin Blank, Ed. p 873-876, SanFrancisco Press, 1993.
- Drescher AC†, Yost MG, Park DY**†, Levine SP, Gadgil AJ, Fischer ML, Nazaroff WW. Measurement of Tracer Gas Distributions Using an Open Path FTIR System Coupled with Computed Tomography. Proceedings of theInternational Symposium on Optical Remote Sensing for Environmental and Process Monitoring, McLean, VA A&WMA VIP-37/SPIE vol 2365 p.128, 1994.
- Fischer ML, Drescher AC†, Gadgil AJ , Yost MG. A system for rapid detection and mapping of gas plumes on 100 m scales; Examination of some technical and economic issues. Proceedings of theInternational Symposium on Optical Remote Sensing for Environmental and Process Monitoring, McLean, VA A&WMA VIP-37 / SPIE vol 2365 p. 151, 1994
- Park DY,**†, Yost MG, Drescher AC†, Gadgil AJ, Zhou Y**†, Levine SP. Evaluation of beam path configurations for use with a monostatic OP-FTIR capable of rapid beam movement for tomographic reconstruction of gas and vapor concentrations in workplaces. Proceedings of theInternational Symposium on Optical Remote Sensing for Environmental and Process Monitoring, McLean, VA A&WMA VIP-37/SPIE vol 2365 p. 177, 1994.
- Hashmonay RA***, Yost, MG, Mamane Y. Mapping the Emission Rates over Fugitive Sources Using Open-Path FTIR and Inversion Techniques. Proceedings of the A&MWM International Conference on Optical Remote Sensing for Environmental and Process Monitoring, Dallas, TX, Nov., 1996, 227-236.
- Hashmonay RA***, Yost, MG, “Gaseous Emission Estimation from Fugitive Sources Using Optical Remote Sensing and Computed Tomography Techniques”, Proceedings of 1998 Pacific Basin Conference on Hazardous Waste, Honolulu, Hawaii, April 1998.
- Hashmonay, RA***, Yost MG, Wu, CF*, Ambient Gaseous Leak Detection Using Radial Scanning Computed Tomography and Optical Remote Sensing”, Proceedings of SPIE Environmental Monitoring and Remediation Technologies Conference, November 1998, Boston.
- Hashmonay RA***, Yost MG, D.B., Harris, E.L., Thompson, Jr., “Simulation Study for Gaseous Fluxes from an Area Source Using Computed Tomography and Optical Remote Sensing”, Proceedings of SPIE Environmental Monitoring and Remediation Technologies Conference, November 1998, Boston.
- Todd LA, Yost MG, and Hashmonay RA.*** Trends and Future applications of Optical Remote Sensing and Computed Tomography to map Air contaminants”, Proceedings of SPIE Environmental Monitoring and Remediation Technologies Conference, November 1998, Boston.
- Hashmonay RA,*** R.S. Crampton,* and Yost MG. Ammonia Emissions Measured at Hanford's Tank Farms Using Computed Tomography and Remote Optical Sensing of Emissions (CT-ROSE) System, Proceedings of the Health of the Hanford Site Conference, November 1998, Richland WA.
- Wu CF,* Yost MG, and Hashmonay R.A. *** One-Dimensional Reconstruction Of OP-FTIR Measurements Using Polynomial Curve Fitting Procedures”, Proceedings of A&WMA's 94th Annual Conference & Exhibition, Orlando, FL, June, 2001.
- Burch JB, Yost MG, Clark M, Fitzpatrick CTE, Ramaprasad J, Bachand A, Reif JS. Radio frequency non-ionizing radiation in a community exposed to radio and TV broadcasting (abstract) Epidemiology, 16 (5): S108-S109 Sept. 2005
- Yost MG. Nonionizing Radiation Questions and Answers. San Francisco Press, box 6800, San Francisco, Ca. 94101, February 1988.
- Yost MG. Nonionizing Radiation Questions and Answers. San Francisco Press, box 6800, San Francisco, Ca. 94101, Second Ed., January 1993.
Letters, Reports & Book reviews:
- "Particle adhesion," Yost MG, Steinman AJ; Microcontamination, 5(5): 10-14, May 1987
- "Air ion research," Yost MG, Moore AD; Science, 211(4487): 1114-1115, 1981
- Human Biological Responses to Occupational and Residential Magnetic Field Exposures. Burch JB, Reif JS, Noonan CW, Ichinose TA, van Wijngaarden, E, Yost, MG. Technical Report Prepared for Platte River Power Authority. Fort Collins, CO. January, 2000.
- Lead Hazards in Housing: Childhood Lead Exposure in Washington’s Communities. Washington State Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development report to the legislature, December, 2005.
Published Abstracts and Posters:
- Diamond M.C., Ellman G., Johnson R.E., Yost MG. “Negative Air Ions and Aging Pigment in the Brain,” Age (Abstract) V5 (4): 134, 1982
- Lee GM, Yost MG, Neutra RR, Leonard AR, Hiatt RH. Study of Electromagnetic Field Exposures and Spontaneous Abortions. Sixth DOE/EPRI Conference, Portland OR, Oct.1989
- Lee GM, Yost MG, Williams CS, Neutra RR, Leonard AR, Hiatt RH. Investigation of Electromagnetic Field Exposures and Spontaneous Abortions, Time to Pregnancy, Menstrual Function, and Sperm Quality. XII Bioelectromagnetics Society, June, 1990, San Antonio TX.
- Lee GM, Yost MG, Williams CS, Neutra RR, Leonard AR, Hiatt RH. Pilot Study of Magnetic Field Exposures: 24-Hour Personal Dosimetry and Home Spot Measurements. XII Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, June 1990, San Antonio TX.
- Williams CS, Lee GM, Yost MG, Neutra RR, Leonard AR. Effects of Exposure Misclassification: Home Spot Measurements and Residential Wire Configuration as Surrogate measures for Personal Exposure to ELF Magnetic fields. Seventh Annual DOE contractors conference, Abstract #P-9, Nov, 1990, Denver, CO.
- Yost MG, Zhou Y**†, Spear RC, Xiao HK, Levine SP. Sampling Strategies for Monitoring Workplace Exposures with a FTIR Remote Optical Sensor. American Industrial Hygiene Conference, May, 1991, Salt Lake City Ut.
- Lee GM, Yost MG, Neutra RR, Leonard AR, Hiatt RA;. Descriptive Assessment of 24-Hour Personal Exposures to Electromagnetic Fields During the First Trimester of Pregnancy. XIII Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society,#A-2-17 June 1991, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Neutra RR, Yost MG, Kaune W, Morgan G, Lee G, Dovan T. Power Frequency Electromagnetic fields: What should epidemiologists be measuring? XIII Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract #A-2-18 June 1991, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Yost MG, de Manincor DJ, Liburdy RP. Influence of Combined Alternating and Static Magnetic Fields on Calcium Metabolism in Rat Thymocytes. XIII Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society,Abstract #E-1-9, June, 1991, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Lee GM, Yost MG, Neutra RR, Hristova L, Duane D, Tarshis T, Hiatt R, Lenoard AR. Descriptive Assessment of 24-hr Personal Exposure to 60Hz Magnetic Fields using a Rate of Change Metric. XIV Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract #J-3, p31, June 1992, Orlando, FL.
- Yost MG, Wrensch M, Lee GM, Miike R. EMF Exposure Assessment for an Epidemiological Study of Adult Malignant Glioma. Sixteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, June, 1994, Copenhagen Den. Abstract P-89, Page 104.
- Liburdy RP, Yost MG. An In Vitro Cell Culture Exposure System for Generating Well Defined Combinations of AC and DC Magnetic Fields. Seventeenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, June, 1995, Boston, MA Abstract P-94A, p 116.
- Hogue PS*, Yost MG, Camp JE. Characterization of Exposures to Extremely Low Frequency Magnetic Fields in the Office Environment. Annual DOE contractors conference, Abstract #A-34, p38, Palm Springs, CA, Nov, 1995.
- Reif JS, Birch JB, Pitrat CA, Keife TJ, Yost MG. Melatonin Levels in Electric Utility Workers. Annual DOE contractors conference, Abstract #A-44, p48, Palm Springs, CA, Nov, 1995.
- Delpizzo V, Yost MG, Lee G, Hristova L, Neutra RR. Short Term Variation in Personal Exposure to Residential Magnetic Fields. Annual DOE contractors conference, Abstract #p-49, p103, Palm Springs, CA, Nov, 1995.
- Neutra RR, Lee G, Hristova L, Yost MG. Wire Code is Moderately Associated with Being a Renter in Suburban Parts of the San Francisco Bay Area. Eighteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, June, 1996, Victoria BC Abstract A-2-4, Page 7.
- Lee G, Neutra RR, Swan SH, Yost MG, Hiat R, Hristova L. Risk of Spontaneous Abortions and Electric Bed Heater Use. Eighteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract A-2-5, Page 8, Victoria BC June 1996.
- Birch JB, Reif JS, Pitrat CA, Keef TJ, Yost MG. Melatonin Levels in Electric Utility Workers. Eighteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract P-5A, Page 95, Victoria BC, June 1996
- Lee GM, Yost MG, Neutra RR, Hristova L. Home Power Use, A Poor Estimate of Magnetic Field Exposures. Eighteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract P-23, Page 102, Victoria BC, June 1996.
- Wrensch M, Yost MG, Lee G, Mike R. Residential Electromagnetic Field Measurements of Brain Tumor Cases and Controls: Work in Progress. Eighteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract P-203A, Page 177, Victoria BC, June 1996.
- Hristova L, Lee GM, DelPizzo V, Neutra RR, Yost MG. Residential Characteristics that Effect Residential Magnetic Field Spot Measurement Levels. Eighteenth Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society, Abstract P-142BA, Page 252, Victoria BC, June 1996.
- Burch JB, Reif JR, Pitrat CA, Keefe TJ, Yost MG. Melatonin in electric utility workers (Abstract). Annual Review of Research on the Biological Effects of Electric and Magnetic Fields from the Generation, Delivery and Use of Electricity. U.S. DOE. San Antonio, TX. Nov., 1996.
- Burch JB, Reif JR, Pitrat CA, Keefe TJ, Yost MG. Cellular telephone use and excretion of a urinary melatonin metabolite (Abstract). Annual Review of Research on the Biological Effects of Electric and Magnetic Fields from the Generation, Delivery and Use of Electricity. U.S. Dept. of Energy. San Diego, CA. November, 1997.
- Hashmonay RA*** and Yost MG. “Multi-Beam Segmentation Strategy: a New Beam Geometry for Open-Path Fourier Transform Infrared (OP-FTIR) Exposure Assessment in Workplaces”, Presentation in a platform session in the American Industrial Hygiene Conference, Atlanta GA, May 1998.
- Park DY,**† Yost MG, Hashmonay RA,*** and Wu CF, “Development of an Semi-OMER Beam Configuration for Identification of Gas Leak Time and Location with Use of an Optical Remote Sensing and Computed Tomographic Technique”, Poster Presentation at the 58th Annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Exposition (AIHCE), Atlanta, GA, May, 1998.
- Wu CF,* Hashmonay RA,*** Park DY,** † and Yost MG. “Development of a Radial Scanning Beam Configuration for Identification of Gas Leak Location with Use of an OP-FTIR and Computed Tomographic Technique”, Presentation in a poster session in the American Industrial Hygien Conference, Atlanta GA, May 1998.
- Hashmonay RA,*** Yost MG. and Crampton RS.* “Open-Path FTIR Observation of Water Aerosol Ambient Concentration and Size Distribution” Presented in a poster session in American Aerosol Society Conference, Cincinnati OH, June 1998.
- Hashmonay RA*** and Yost MG. “Gaseous Emission Estimation from Hanford Site Fugitive Sources Using OP-FTIR and Computed Tomography Techniques”, Presented in a poster session in the third annual meeting of the Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation (CRESP), Poccono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) NJ, June 1998.
- Hashmonay RA*** Yost MG, C.F. Wu CF* and Park DY.** † “Novel Radial Beam Geometry to Detect Gas Leak Location Using OP-FTIR and Computed Tomography Techniques”, Presented in a poster session in the third annual meeting of the Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation (CRESP), Poccono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) NJ, June 1998.
- Hashmonay RA*** and Yost MG. and Crampton RS.* “Novel Application of Open-Path FTIR Spectroscopy to measure Aerosol Ambient Concentration and Size Distribution”, Presented in a poster session in the third annual meeting of the Consortium for Risk Evaluation with Stakeholder Participation (CRESP) Poccono Environmental Education Center (PEEC) NJ, June 1998.
- Burch JB, Reif JS, Yost MG. Geomagnetic fields are associated with reduced excretion of a urinary melatonin metabolite (Abstract). 20 Annual Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society. St. Petersburg, FL, June, 1998.
- Hashmonay RA,*** Yost MG, Wu CF,* “Ambient Gaseous Leak Detection Using Radial Scanning Computed Tomography and Optical Remote Sensing”, Proceedings of SPIE Environmental Monitoring and Remediation Technologies Conference, Boston, Mass., November, 1998.
- Wu CF,* Hashmonay RA,*** Crampton RS,* and Yost MG, “Detection of Ammonia Distributions in Outdoor Environments”, Poster Presentation at the Human Exposures to Environmental Contaminants Research Symposium and Juried Student Poster Sessions, Public Health Institute, Berkeley, CA., April, 1999.
- Wu CF,* Hashmonay RA,*** Park DY**† and Yost MG, “Applying OP-FTIR with a Radial Beam Geometry to Locate a Leak in Indoor Environments: Improvements in Temporal Resolution”, Poster Presentation at the 59th Annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Exposition (AIHCE), Toronto, Ontario, June, 1999.
- Crampton RS,* Wu CF,* Tsai MY,* and Yost MG, “Fiberglass Worker Monitoring With OP-FTIR”, Presentation at the 59th Annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Exposition (AIHCE), Toronto, Ontario, June, 1999.
- Burch JB, Reif JS, Noonan CW, Yost MG. Reduced melatonin metabolite levels in electric utility workers. (Abstract). 21M Annual Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society. Long Beach, CA, June, 1999.
- Yost MG, "Open Path FTIR for Environmental Monitoring, " Invited Lecture & abstract, 46th Annual Meeting-Western Spectroscopy Assoc, Pacific Grove, CA ,January 27-29, 1999
- Yost, MG, Wu CF,* Crampton RS,* and Hashmonay RA,*** "Applications of a Radial Scanning Beam Geometry to Air Monitoring", Presentation and Technical Abstracts of SPIE Optoelectronics, Photonics and Imaging Conference, Bellevue, WA., November, 1999.
- Wu CF,* Varr J,* Hashmonay RA,*** and Yost MG, "Applying OP-FTIR with a Bi-beam Strategy to Assess Personal Exposure in Workplaces", Presentation and Abstracts of SPIE Optoelectronics, Photonics and Imaging Conference, Bellevue, WA., November, 1999.
- Kukull WA, Thompson JD, Farin F, Yost MG, Bowen JD, McCormick WC, Larson EB, “GST-Theta genotype modifies association between occupational PAH exposure and Alzheimer's disease,” Neurology (Abstract) V54(7)s3, p396 Apr 11, 2000
- Wu CF,* Yost MG, and Fenske RA,* "A New Statistical Approach to Analyze the Data Obtained from the VITAE System for Estimating the Dermal Exposure", Poster Presentation at the 60th Annual American Industrial Hygiene Conference & Exposition (AIHCE), Orlando, FL, June, 2000.
- Burch JB, Ichinose T, Reif JS, Noonan CW, and Yost MG. Modulation of natural killer cells and ornithine decarboxylase activity in electric utility workers (Abstract). Annual Meeting of the Bioelectromagnetics Society. St. Paul, MN, June, 2001.
- Elgethun K, Weppner S, Lu C, Fenske RA, Kissel JC, Yost MG. Integration of GPS/GIS with biological and environmental monitoring in a sampling plan to characterize children’s exposure to methamidophos. ISEA/ISEE 2002, Vancouver BC Canada, 12-15 Aug 2002.
- Ramaprasad J,Crampton R,Wu CF ,YostMG. Aerosol Measurements from Open-Path Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy A&WMA's Symposium on Air Quality Measurement Methods and Technology – April, 2004
- Pesticide Spray Drift Monitoring of Orchard Airblast Application: New Approaches. M Y Tsai, M G Yost, A Felsot, R Fenske, T Larson, International Conference on Environmental Epidemiology & Exposure, la Villette Conference Centre, Paris 6 September 2006
- Characterizing Ventilation in Collision Repair Spray Painting Booths. Broadwater Kendra, Ceballos Diana, Yost, Michael, Whitaker, Carolyn, EHREP Summer Symposium: Seattle, WA. August 18, 2010